Monday, November 8, 2010

11/2 Lecture

During last weeks lecture we had a few Tyler students come in and talk to us about their experiences with Interning and Assistant jobs. I listened to all of their stories, but the one that really stuck with me was Rachel Ignotofsky's.

Rachel is a graphic design major at Tyler, and got an internship working with Hallmark. I'm sure the reason why I cared about her experience so much is because I'm thinking about majoring in graphic design as well. Rachel basically said that the reason why she got her internship was because she was outgoing and made sure she talked to people before talking about herself. And trust me, I believe her. Rachel was able to get a paid internship working for Hallmark, and during that experience she made her own card and baby book. I never really thought about getting an internship, but after hearing all of the good things about it I might just have to try to get one.

Sadly I can't find any of Rachel's work online but if I do I'll post it.

This week for our lecture we have Lead Pencil Studio coming in.

No comments:

Post a Comment