Monday, November 22, 2010

Corinne Botz

I know this is a little late.


A few weeks ago we had a photographer come in to talk to us. Her name was Corinne Botz.


Corinne explained to us a project that she had done called
"The Nutshell Studies of Unexplained Death." Corinne became interested in a woman named Frances Glessner Lee, who was a criminologist that created miniature crime scene models. When looking at the photographs of the models it is amazing how realistic they look, and how much attention to detail there was. On her website, Corinne says: "Through framing, scale, lighting, color, and depth of field, I attempt to bring intimacy and emotion to the scene of the crime. I want viewers to feel as if they inhabit the miniatures - to loose their sense of proportion and experience the large in the small." As a viewer, I feel that Corinne did just that, and very well. I had never been too interested in photography, but something about Corinnes work really caught my attention. 



These are a couple of examples of Corinnes work. More photos can be found on her website.

No comments:

Post a Comment